Tuesday 13 September 2011

Miss Universe crown comes to Africa!

Leila Lopes, the beauty from Angola, has won the Miss Universe title last night in Sau Paulo, Brazil. and I for one, could not be happier for her!

In response to the final question, which asked the top 5 what physical trait they would change if they could, Leila answered "Thank God I'm very satisfied with the way God created me and I wouldn't change a thing," Lopes said. "I consider myself a women endowed with inner beauty. I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family and I intend to follow these for the rest of my life." Words to live by, don't you think?

The beautiful Miss Angola's winning moment.
In love with her sparkly dress!
Is this why we love beauty pageants? It's a normal girl's Princess moment!

Swoon!! National costumes can bo so OTT -
but this one is just dreamy! And she looks
just beautiful!
Our own Miss SA, Bokang Monjana, was there too. Sadly she didn't make it into the later rounds, but I still think she did us proud! 

What do you think of the national dress? I'm less than blown away..... Look, I'm a big lover of tulle, but just adding it to a dress to add some pizazz - nope. I don't think it works. Is it just me, or does it look like there's a black bird around her knees about to take off?

National costumes need to showcase the country's heritage
and customs, but still needs to be flattering!

Ah! But then she totally redeemed herself in this *to die for* green and gold evening gown from Gert-Johan Coetzee. Simple, elegant - and the green and gold is super patriotic (especially with our boys working hard down under to bring back the Rugby World Cup!). Lovely!


And just to show not everything needs to be super serious.... This tongue in cheek Chile national costume. CUTE!

Miss Chile in her national costume with
reference to the mine workers who were
rescued last year after being trapped
for weeks.  I wonder if she's digging for
gold?
Have a fab Tuesday girls!
Love Ava xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!