Monday 19 September 2011

Emmy Awards: Fashion roundup!

I love awards season! Red carpet, great outfits, beautiful accessories - everything a girl could dream of!
Not quite the LBD - but still a classic! Black will always look good,
although it might sometimes be seen as a 'safe' option. That's why I like
Carrie's red hot clutch for a pop of colour.
 
The colour of the night was definitely red! I think I counted about 14 ladies
in red. My fave had to be the cute Giuliana (I've never seen her make a
fashion mistake!) and Sarah Hylland - love that she was the only one with
some bling detail. Sadly, Kathy Griffin just showed that yes, you can
have too much plastic surgery!

OK. So I might have a slight obsession with Glee. Like rewinding over and over
again and singing along to every tune, even though I'm horribly OUT of tune!
Chris Colfer looked dashing in Dior with a skinny tie - on trend! I love Dianna's
dress, but would have dropped the neckline just a little bit. Love the electric
blue!

The cast members tweeted some of these pics before and during the show - do
you think Lea was tempted t grab one of those statuettes? I'm sure she wished
she had brought a bigger bag along! LOL!



Not quote sure what's going on with Kelly's
hair (is it just me, or is it grey?). But her dress,
and her body, is simply stunning! How did she
get such a teeny tiny waist ?!
I also really love that she choose a colour that
was not expected, or overdone, this year.

Fashion Police! Here they are ready to attack
(or admire) the outfits on the red carpet.

Neutrals were another big trend on the night.
Here Heidi Klum supports Project Runway
winner Christian Siriano. Can a dress be
too poofy? I think so....

Whoa!!! I didn't even recognise Jennifer
Cerpenter! The Dexter star looked SUPER glam
- top to toe! Love her longer locks BTW.

Mmmmm.... what's wrong here? Katie Holmes
is looking just a little drab for an awards
ceremony. The dress is Calvin Klein, and I like
the colour, but she looks a bit like she
couldn't be bothered to make an effort,
you know? Word of advice: brush your hair!
Eek! Can't wait for the show tonight (starts 21:30 on Mnet) to see all the winners, the drama and the fanfare!
Who do you think wore it best?

Have a super fun Monday night girls!
xoxo Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!