Tuesday 20 September 2011

Emmy Awards: Hottest hair

Sure, the first thing we look at is the outfit. But never forgot the importance of accessories, and above all: a good hairstyle! Case in point: Katie Holmes. I think if she did something dramatic with her hair the look would have worked!

Here is a roundup of my fave's from the Emmy's:
Aubrey Plaza: Shows that a bob does NOT need
to be boring! I love this funky take on the classic cut.
She looks so feminine, don't you think?

Evan Rachel Wood: Very Classic! The side swept,
wavy look is not for everyone, but it's great for
playing up short hair and having some fun.

Although Heidi Klum's dress was not my fave for the
evening, her hair looked super cute! A little more
intricate than any of the other ladies, this style will
work really well if your dress is simple. Remember girls:
try and play up 1 item only. So if you have a show stopper
dress, then do something less dramatic with the hair, and
vice verse. :)

OK. SERIOUSLY. I think this is my ultimate look
of the night - and something all of us can pull off!
Jennifer Carpenter looks super sexy with loose
locks - just the right amount of curls. I think
highlights is key to this look. This is a GREAT
summer look!

Lea Michelle from Glee shows that brunettes
can also have fun! Her dark hair works
brilliantly with her dark hazel eyes -
and she pulls off the blunt fringe like no one
else I've seen! Stunning!

Maria Bello - again just goes to show: elaborate dress
plus slightly casual hair: WORKS! Very similar to
Aubrey's do, just a little longer and blond of course.

What I'd like to point out with Aubrey, Jennifer and Maria though: examples that curls can work with any length of hair! You just need to play around and see what works for you.

I'll be giving some great tips on hair styling soon, so keep checking back here so you do not miss out!

Love Ava xx

1 comment:

  1. oooh! I really like Lea Michelle's hair, but not sure if I would look good with a fringe. Like the colour too :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!