Friday 2 December 2011

A-list for December

Hello ladies!! It's December - and that means summer, sun, lazy days at the beach, and loads of free time to spend with your BFF!

I really hope everyone's exams went well - did you do as well as you hoped?


Without wasting any time, let me jump right in to this month's MUST HAVES!!



Must Have #1: A ticket to my Summer Goddess Party! It's happening on the 12th of December in Cape Town, and I promise you will not be disappointed! Just SOME of the amazing things happening:
  • Be treated like a diva with welcome drinks and canapes, plus yummy treats in between the days events!
  • David Gillsen (who BTW is only Jozi's most sought after celeb hairstylist) is flying down for Cape Town just for us! He'll be telling us what's hot and what's not for hair this summer.
  • 10 of Carlton's top stylist are going to be on hand to show you exactly how to get the salon look at home. I always look great after I step out from the salon, but the very next day I'll try and recreate the look at home, with a humongous FAIL! No more! Now you'll know exactly how to get those Kardsahian curls, how to get the ultimate fab ponytail, and loads more.
  • Smashbox is showing us how to do fool-proof make-up in 10 minutes - FLAT! I'm always late for a get together with friends (the right outfit takes time, doesn't it, LOL!) so this will go along way to make sure I look fab this summer!
  • Summer months are pretty harsh on skin and hair. Carlton is going to show us how to take special care of skin and hair this time of the year - I don't know about you, but I certainly can't afford a break out when all I want to do is head to the beach! There's no time to cover up embarrassing zits, so best to take care of it BEFORE it happens!
  • Each girl receives a goody bag - packed to the brim with goodies from Ava, Cartlon, Smashbox and Sass Diva
  • Loads of prizes up for grabs on the day - including a full make-over from Carlton!
  • Reduced prices on Carlton goodies - including my fave Glamour Wand!!
And that, my friends, is just a TASTE of what's happening on the 12th! (I have to keep some things a surprise!)

See you there!!

Tickets are R150 each, and available from Carlton salons in Cavendish and Claremont. Girls aged 13-19 only.
 

Must Have #2: Stripes! It seems that every year the Nautical theme comes back into fashion, and I love it! It's perfect for the beach, and you can rock the trend in any way, shape or form! Shirts and tops, dresses or just an accessory like a fun beach bag will do. 

A sure fire way to look the part? Pair the stripes with loads of WHITE! You'll look refreshed and totally fashion forward!

Bikini R310 @ Foschini
Beach bag R190 @ Foschini
Wedge sandals R 325 @ Woolworths


Must Have #3: Fun Dresses! Like these super chick ones from Amber Jones - part of Mr. Price's Project Limited Editions range. 

I love local fashion - and I especially love companies that give young designers a platform to showcase their talent! The Amber Jones collection is so cool - you'll have to get yourself at least one piece from this fun collection!

Amber Jones is available at selected Mr Price stores
Dresses R130 each



Must Have #4: Wayfarer sunglasses: They were big in the 50's and 60's, made a come back in the 80's, and now in 2011 we are totally gaga over Wayfarers again!

Everyone's wearing them: Paris Hilton, Jessica Alba, Sienna Miller....in fact, it's hard to find a celeb that doesn't own a pair!

Oh, almost forgot! Every girl that attends the Ava Summer Goddess Party receives a pair of funky black and pink Ava Wayfarers! What's not to love about that?



Must Have #5: Plaited hair: Again, a big trend with the Hollywood celebs! Yip, there's Jessica Alba again (love her to bits!) and Kate Hudson rocking the loose plait. But this summer, try some different ways of braiding your hair. 

Check out this great 'how to' for some pointers: How to do the Waterfall Braid.

It's a great way to look good when you  maybe don't feel like washing your hair today, or just to try something different!


So that's my list of MUST HAVES for the holidays!

Because it's number one on my list, I'm giving away 1 ticket to my Summer Goddes Party! All you have to do, is post a picture of your Ava tins on my Facebook page, and show me how you have recycled them / re-used them? Do you store your spare change in them? Or are you like me and arrange all your rings, earrings and other bits in the different tins? Show me, and you could be our winner!!

Let the photo posting begin!

Have a super summer weekend girls! xoxo Ava

T&C's
All photos posted on Ava's Facebook Fan page by Friday, 9 December 2011 by 12pm will be entered into the draw
One winner will be chosen randomly and be notified via Facebook. 
Winner must be able to attend the Ava Summer Goddess Party on 12 December 2011
Winner must be between the ages of 13-19 years

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!